|Yay! No sleep! I'm so excited!|
Oh wait... I forgot. I like sleep!
So, I know that this list is a bit over zealous. I know that a lot of these projects will cost more than I expect. I know some (or many) will carry into 2014. I know that I will probably change my mind about some of these [hair-brained] ideas...
But here they are! Break out the Carhartts!
In 2013, I'd like to do/work on the following house projects:
- Wall art - my walls are tired of being naked!
- Bookshelves - need somewhere to keep my growing pile of books and various assundries
- Curtains - I've hated the cheapy ones that came with the house since day 1. They need to go.
- 1/2 wall into the kitchen - I'm dreaming big! :o)
- Shoe rack - this is Kevin's request, as he hates tripping over my boots when he's over.
- Finish cabinets - Paint underneath (one year later...) and put up the rest of the hardware
- Counter tops - bigger project, but if it happened... I'd be such a happy camper! Not sure what I want to do with them though...
- Floor - mine is uuuuuuugly! ["but she sure can cook!" - name that song!]. Again, bamboo? Cork? Engineered hardwood?
- New vanity - the one I have is falling apart (oh, and has graffiti left from previous tenants)
- Frame out the mirror
- Change the light - I have the fixture, just haven't gotten to it.
- Hooks - no towel bars in there, bought some neato toledo artisan hooks, just need to nail those bad boys in.
- Paint the gear shelves - but what color???? ahhhh!
- Make/buy bins for said gear on the shelf
- Light - change it out, maybe, still undecided
- Curtains - DONE! (I had to put one thing on the checklist I could immediately check off. That's how I roll.)
- Window - make it purdy
- Quilts - break out the sewing machine and get to stitching!
- Art - finish the half done art hanging on the walls. :op
- Vanity - need a new one. Stat.
- Floor - need a new one. Stat. (seriously, its grungy AND a small lotion bottle created a huge spider like crack in the tile. Reeee dic u lous!)
- Figure out how to make the long awkward shelves into a usable "linen closet"
- Re-tile the tub - Or else it's going to look more and more like caulk city in there. Oh, and I HATE the dusty pink tile and the ones with the flowers...
- Hang up towel hooks. I hate the brassy bar that's dangling from the wall.
- Paint. Make it.... blue! (or some variation of, I have a lot of blue paint)
- Awkward sink - Mission: make less awkward (yes, I have a pedestal sink chilling in my bedroom)
- Art. Again, another naked room.
- Patio like something or other in the back.
- Work on the drainage issue - although this may not be a problem with the lack of snow this year...
- Flowers & Garden - Plant some more flowers. Grow some grub. Add two more small raised beds to the side of the house.
I'd also like to:
- Go berry picking on the Denali Highway while everyone else is caribou hunting.
- Have a [at least moderately] successful garden.
- Be way more awesome at preserving things from said garden.
- Travel somewhere I haven't been (preferably outside of Alaska).
- Spend more time outdoors. Hiking, biking, boating, camping, picnicking... Anything outside!
- Read more, Hulu less.
- Be a better bread baker and soup maker.
- Consider craft fairs for the Fall/Winter.
- Give Rudder a haircut (ok, I know this one is weird, but I cannot wait until it is warm enough to get rid of his well loved Fozzie bear look he's rocking...)
- Tune my piano and play it!
- Not kill all of my house plants.
- Finally organize all my paperwork...
- Rediscover my sketchbook.
- Post things sooner (instead of waiting, oh 6+ months, then deciding its a bit late to talk about Easter in November...)
- Make my house feel more like home (good post here on that)
Now, where did I leave that tape measure...