Wednesday, January 30

I Could Eat Sweet Potatoes Every Day

Just a quick share on a new favorite.

It's easy, [relatively] quick, and healthy!

Oh, and it reheats wonderfully for lunch at work.  :o)


I found the recipe on Naturally Ella, and although I was a bit unsure about 1) eating poached eggs and 2) actually making them myself (what can I say, I'm a scrambled girl... in many ways).  Figured I'd give it a try though!  Glad I did.  :o)

Here's my spin on her recipe:

Garlic Sweet Potatoes & Dill Eggs
Adapted from Naturally Ella

  • 1 medium - large'ish sweet potato
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, or 1-2 T of minced garlic
  • <1 T olive oil
  • 2 eggs
  • dill (dried or fresh)
How to:
  1. Preheat oven to 400*
  2. Scrub sweet potato and cut into 1/4" slices (yay, no peeling!)
  3. Mix together sweet potato rounds, olive oil, and garlic so the sweet potato has a nice covering of olive oil and the garlic is spread around.
  4. Cover sweet potato mix in a foil pouch and cook for 25-30 minutes
  5. While the potatoes are doing their thing...  Bring a pot of water to a good simmer.  Crack eggs into simmering (not quite boiling) water and cook for 3-4 minutes, one egg at a time.  I used a slotted spoon to remove my eggs from the water.
  6. When the potatoes are done, pour out your potatoes onto a plate/bowl, and top with the eggs.  Sprinkle dill on top to your liking.  

Ok, my pictures may not be uber-appetizing... but this is yummy!  You'll just have to trust me on this one.  This was listed as a breakfast on Erin's blog, but I think it makes for a really good anytime meal!  Can you imagine this with a slice of homemade bread on the side??  Oh yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment