Friday, January 18

Sweet Treat

I really liked the quinoa parsnip cookies I made a while back, so when I stumbled upon this pin of quinoa cookies, I figured I'd pin it to try later.  Glad I did! 


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
Adapted From: 366 Days of Pinterest

  • 2 c. cooked quinoa, chilled
  • 1/2 c. peanut butter (I used pb2, which makes it even HEALTHIER!)
  • 3 T maple syrup 
  • 1/4 t. sea salt
  • 1/4 t. cinnamon
  • 3/4 c. rolled oats
  • 1/2 c. shredded coconut
  • 1/2 c. (or so) chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)

How To:
  1. Preheat oven to 350*
  2. Mix together quinoa, peanut butter, maple syrup, sea salt, and oats together with a hand mixer.
  3. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips
  4. Form into balls onto parchment paper or Silpat 
  5. Bake for 20 minutes.
  6. Eat one right after they come out of the oven because they are gosh darn delicious and gooey!


A healthy'ish treat that totally satisfies my sweet tooth.  :o)  I'm fairly certain I could almost make this pass as a breakfast food...  Maybe if I added banana... ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment