I saw the recipe on Kath's website and knew that I had to try it. Kevin gave me the "you're nuts, I probably should have something else planned for a back up dinner" look... BUT he ended up liking it quite a bit! So, it may sound wonky, but just give it a go. :o)
|My pictures aren't as nice as Kath's. I used an iPhone in the dark. Oh well!|
Pumpkin & Goat Cheese Lasagna
Adapted from Kath Eats
- Box of lasagna noodles (I used whole wheat, and not a whole box maybe 2/3's)
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese
- ? oz parmesan cheese (I just added a bit... no idea how much, but less than the mozz)
- 10 oz. black beans, rinsed
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1/4 t. garam masala
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- pinch kosher salt
- kale or spinach
- Preheat oven to 375* F
- Make your lasagna noodles (if not using no-boil noodles)
- Mix together pumpkin, garam masala, chili powder, and salt.
- Wilt your kale/spinach. I used kale I had frozen from the garden, so it was already kinda wilt'y.
- Spread a thin layer of the pumpkin mix on the bottom of the pan (if you happen to have white wine sitting around, you can add a little white wine to this mix on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer: noodles, pumpkin, black beans, goat cheese, kale/spinach, mozzarella. Repeat.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
Next time I make this, I may add some roasted garlic. I think it'd be a good addition. :o)