Monday, February 4

Pumpkin + Goat Cheese + Kale = Lasagna Amazingness!

Oh yes, those just might be three of my favorite things.  Ya know, along with bright copper kettles and warm woolen mitten.  ;o) 

I saw the recipe on Kath's website and knew that I had to try it.  Kevin gave me the "you're nuts, I probably should have something else planned for a back up dinner" look... BUT he ended up liking it quite a bit!  So, it may sound wonky, but just give it a go.  :o)

My pictures aren't as nice as Kath's.  I used an iPhone in the dark.  Oh well!

Pumpkin & Goat Cheese Lasagna
Adapted from Kath Eats
  • Box of lasagna noodles (I used whole wheat, and not a whole box maybe 2/3's)
  • 6 oz goat cheese
  • 2 c. mozzarella cheese
  • ? oz parmesan cheese (I just added a bit... no idea how much, but less than the mozz)
  • 10 oz. black beans, rinsed
  • 15 oz. can of pumpkin
  • 1/4 t. garam masala
  • 1/2 t. chili powder
  •  pinch kosher salt
  • kale or spinach
How to:
  1. Preheat oven to 375* F
  2. Make your lasagna noodles (if not using no-boil noodles)
  3. Mix together pumpkin, garam masala, chili powder, and salt.  
  4. Wilt your kale/spinach.  I used kale I had frozen from the garden, so it was already kinda wilt'y.
  5. Spread a thin layer of the pumpkin mix on the bottom of the pan (if you happen to have white wine sitting around, you can add a little white wine to this mix on the bottom of the pan.
  6. Layer: noodles, pumpkin, black beans, goat cheese, kale/spinach,  mozzarella.  Repeat.
  7. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
  8. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.

 Next time I make this, I may add some roasted garlic.  I think it'd be a good addition.  :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment