Thursday, July 5

Strawberry Spinach Salad


...with a side of Halibut :o)

Pistachio crusted halibut to be exact.


Now, I did this without a recipe, and didn't exactly write down my measurements, so I give you my guessterments.  :o)

Pistachio Crusted Halibut with a Lemon Cream Sauce

  • 1/2 c. pistachios, chopped
  • 1/4 c. flour
  • 1 egg white
  • dash of soy milk
  • lemon juice
  • Greek yogurt
  • mustard (I used Moosetard)
  • horseradish
  • pinch of mint

First get your pistachios ready to go.



Get them nice and ground up using a hammer, or for those of you with normal kitchen supplies, a meat tenderizer or small processor/nut chopper. :o)

I love the color of pistachios...


Combine about 2 T of soy milk with your egg white.  To coat your halibut follow these steps: 1) coat fish with flour on all sides.  2) dip all sides in egg wash mixture.  3) coat in pistachio.


Place on a sprayed cooking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 375*F - it depends on the thickness of your fish.


Next, make the sauce for the fish.  It was a sauce of mostly Greek yogurt (lets say 1/2 c), with maybe 2 t lemon juice, 1 t Moosetard, and 1/2 t horseradish.  


I slowly heated it on the stovetop until it was smooth, then added a pinch of mint.  Perhaps a bit of salt and pepper to taste?


Next, make the dressing for the star of the show, the salad!  Just rice vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, mint, and basil.  I used a mini mason jar again to mix the dressing for the salad.  The salad is nothing more than strawberries, goat cheese, and spinach.  Oh, and the dressing of course.  :o)  I really like the hint of mint with the strawberry!


Dig in!


Sorry for the lack of measurements.  It's kind of a taste and add as you go recipe.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment