Monday, July 30

Rain Clouds & Blueberry Apricot Quesadillas

It's been a cloudy cloudy day.  Know what?  I am more than okay with it!  I think I needed a cloudy day to get some stuff done inside, and not feel guilty about not being outside enjoying the sunshine.  :o)  


So, I made quesadillas for dinner.  Not just regular ol' quesadillas though!  I was in the mood for some blueberries, and had an apricot that needed to be used.  So, I ended up with a mishmash of ingredients inbetween two whole wheat tortillas, making a Blueberry Apricot Quesadilla!


But first, here's a few pictures from our rainy day!  I ran some errands for some projects around the house.


We walked around the trails in bicentennial park for over an hour.



Pretty pretty raindrops! :o)


Yikes!  Fall is coming!



Ok, so the quesadilla...

Blueberry Apricot Quesadilla

  • Blueberries 
  • Apricot
  • Mint leaves
  • Goat cheese
  • Whole wheat tortilla shells
Dipping Sauce
  • 2 T Blueberry basil vinegar (although you could probably use balsamic too)
  • 2 T Extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 T Honey
  • Salt & pepper to taste
So, I guess it's not really a recipe huh?  More like a "if you put these things together in a skillet on medium heat, it tastes pretty good!"  :o)




Cut the blueberries in half (like I did with the Mango-Blueberry Quesadilla) so they don't roll around too much! :o)


Make the dipping sauce, so it's ready to go as soon as you take the quesadilla off the skillet.


Shake, shake, shake!


Spread out the ingredients and heat over medium.  :o)


Another easy peasy! :o)


The dipping sauce is (in my opinion) what makes this awesome.  So make sure you don't skip it! :o)



We of course ended dinner time with some throwing the ball (or ball like thing?) in the yard.  :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment