Sunday, January 22

Care for some semifreddo?

So, I'm taking down the baseboard in my kitchen (which is actually door casing...) so I can put my built-ins up against the wall.  I'm planning on putting real baseboard in around the kitchen (and the rest of the house for that matter...) but will probably be getting to that way later.  I can deal with the chipped, broken, half plastic casing for a while.

Anyways, it was kind of fun (and yet also appalling) to see what color my kitchen USED to be.  The whole house was repainted before it was put on the market, so I didn't inherit any baby blue rooms or orange walls, but rather have room upon room of builder's white.  Any guesses what color the kitchen USED to be?  Last color I'd ever pick for a room...  Last color family even...  DEFINITELY not what I would have ever imagined a kitchen would be...

Itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt's pink!

PS, my green wall isn't quite so "Slimer" like in real life.


Bleh!  So glad they repainted this room before selling it.  Pepto-bismal pink.  I wouldn't have been able to make it this long with a pink room...  Funny thing, when I moved in, they had red glass pendant shades on the main lighting in the kitchen.  To me it cried out "red light district" but now with knowing that the walls were once pink, I'm thinking the prior occupant loved them some Valentine's Day... 

Anyways, back to using my nifty little crow bar.  Its tiny and yet so powerful.  Yay physics! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment