I used to fill up on it before Thanksgiving. It would be sitting in pretty little silver bowls, just beckoning me. I could not resist.
So when I saw this recipe months ago on The Smart Kitchen, I knew I'd have to try it. Oh, and the cereal had been on sale for a cool $2, so it was clearly a sign that this was meant to be.
First time I made it, I followed her recipe to a [near] T. This last time I made it, I modified it a bit. Modified recipe = my favorite, so it's what I will share with you. :o)
Carmel Apple Puppy Chow
Adapted from Miss Smart
- 1 box Apple Cinnamon Chex
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1-2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- powdered sugar
- Consider how much you might eat. If you're not sharing this, may I recommend making a half batch? Otherwise, you're likely to eat it all yourself. In a day. Just a heads up. :o)
- Melt together butterscotch chips, coconut oil, and peanut butter.
- Pour into bowl with chex (I like to layer chex, melty stuff, chex, melty stuff... makes it a bit easier to combine)
- Use a spatula to combine.
- Once chex is coated, pour into a large gallon bag, that you can seal up, with powdered sugar. I didn't use too much as I didn't want it to be overly sweet.
- Shake shake shake!
It's delicious. Dee-liiii-shhhh-ous! It's sweet, but I think the peanut butter helps cut the sweetness a bit. You can add more or less to taste. :o) Let's look at it again, a little closer.
Oh, and here is Rudder, helping me write this post. ;o)