Tuesday, May 15

Cobb-tastic

I made this ohhhhh two weeks ago?  Anyways, I took pictures of it, and it was delicious, so I'm sharing.  :o)

Again, inspired by fridge cleaning, I bring you: Smoked Salmon Cobb Salad.

First things first, the dressing: Honey Dill Dressing

In one of my mini mason jars, I mixed:
  • 1 T mustard (I used Moosetard)
  • 1 T honey
  • splash of rice vinegar & olive oil (total ~4T)
  • dash of salt & pepper
  • 1 1/2 t dill
  • dollop of yogurt

So Cobb salads aren't so complicated, just a lot of chopping going on.

Things I chopped:
  • granny smith apples
  • carrots
  • tomatoes
  • hard boiled eggs
  • fresh from the smoker smoked salmon (ok, not so much chopped as pulled apart...)
  • crumbled goat cheese
  • avocado (for the boys, not me.  I say ick to avocado)
Served on top of spinach and whatever kind of greens came in the Full Circle box.

Accompanied by some homemade sweet potato (ok, technically yam) fries.  Just chopped, tossed in a bit of olive oil, cinnamon, and cajun seasoning.  450*F for 25-30 minutes.


And if you find yourself surrounded by strawberries and rhubarb, then naturally you should make...



Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp!

[sidenote: had I made a cobbler instead of a crisp, I really would have been cobb-tastic.  Oh well, I like crisps better when it comes to rhubarb! :o) ]

The quick how to:

  The bottom is made of the following all mixed together:
  • 2'ish c. strawberries, cut and such
  • 4 stalks rhubarb, chopped
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup rice flour (because I didn't have cornstarch)
  • Citrus of sorts.  I used a splash of lime juice and a bit of mango orange juice (aka what I had).
  • Splash of balsamic vinegar
  The top is a mixture of:
  • 1 1/4 cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 6 T butter, cut into small pieces
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • pinch salt
  • pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
 Yummmmmmmm!
 

When I served it, I put a little homemade frozen Greek yogurt (just Greek yogurt + some maple syrup, placed shoved in the freezer, stirring periodically while I made the crisp and salad) on top.

Alright, well now I'm hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment