I took one picture [gasp! how horribly un-Krista-like!] and it was an iphone picture. Sorry...
- 3 cups white flour
- 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 10 oz. Package frozen spinach, thawed
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. (I bet you could do hotter...)
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup warm water and let sit for five minutes or until foaming.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, pulse the thawed spinach with juices until half-way pureed - except I got frustrated and said screw it, I [will] like chunky spinach in my dough...
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, salt, and sugar.
- Add pureed spinach and olive oil followed with the yeast/water mixture. Stir until fully incorporated and proceed to knead until mixture is elastic – about 10 minutes. - OR be like Krista: remember you have a food processor and make your life easier using the nifty little dough button.
- Cover dough and let sit for 20 minutes. (or closer to an hour while you go grocery shopping...)
- Roll dough out (or if you're feeling lazy and don't want to clean off and flour an area for the rolling pin, stretch it out pretending you're an Italian chef of sorts, but without the throwing of the dough, that could result in a sticky spinach doughy mess in locations other than your pizza stone...) and top with pizza toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes in 400 degree oven. (it took me more like 25 min I think... just look for that nice golden brown to show up on your cheese and peppers)
- Ricotta cheese (I think I had about a 1/2 cup left) with some black pepper ground in
- Crushed/minced garlic cloves (4 - but I like my garlic)
- Shredded zucchini (2 small) ala cheese grater
- Shredded mozarella (approx. 1/2 c. that was left)
- A smattering of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Red pepper, cut up.
- I didn't add this, but I bet roasted garlic cloves would have been a nice addition...
Ok, I'm procrastinating on report writing (I deplore having to do work at home past 10pm...) and just wanted to join Sew Dutch's Link Up Party. :o) Back to work...